5 Tips to Save Storage Space
Going through your items before getting a storage unit is a great way to help you get organized, and possibly fit into a smaller space. To help save you money, it is important to sort through your items to be sure what you are storing is of importance.
- Go through your health and beauty products. Throw out anything that has expired or hasn’t been used in a while.
- Sort through your clothes and shoes. If you haven’t worn something in 6 months, it’s probably safe to say you can donate the items.
- Donate or recycle old cookbooks and magazines. Recipes and magazine material can be found online. This will reduce paper clutter and assist in saving space.
- Decide if you really need the kitchen gadgets that have been tucked away in your cabinets for years. Donate any bulky small appliances such as bread makers, blenders, mixers, etc., that don’t get much use.
- Go through files and paperwork. Consider scanning the important documents into your computer and shredding the paper to reduce clutter.
Downsizing will help save you money when you are looking to get a storage unit. Go through each room and decide which items should go into self storage, which should be donated, or which should be put in the trash or recycled.