Job Opening! Full-time Commercial Maintenance Technician
UPDATED 7/7/15 – this position has been filled.
We are currently seeking a full-time Commercial Maintenance Technician for our A-1 Self Storage Maintenance Department based in San Diego. An experienced maintenance person with leadership skills is needed to handle all of our maintenance projects in San Diego and periodically in the Bay Area, keeping our properties in a “like new” condition at all times. The ideal candidate must be experienced, highly motivated, detail oriented with great organizational & multi-tasking skills.
- Candidates must have flexibility in availability and scheduling for emergency calls
- This position offers 40 hours per week
- Truck, fuel, and tools are provided
- Cell phone reimbursement ($60 per month) is provided for business use of personal phone
- Familiar with multi story Self-Storage facilities a plus.
- Knowledge of electric gates, commercial doors, Roll up doors, Door hardware, electrical, plumbing, low voltage, HVAC, drywall patching, painting and clean up.
- Knowledge of proper operation, and safety requirements, of various hand and power tools.
- Ability to walk sites and estimate all material, labor and time needed to complete each project.
- The ability to self-start, organized, plan ahead, schedule and order materials.
- Computer knowledge a must, Work orders all done on laptops or I pads including email and sending/receiving photos.
- Be a team player. Use positive leadership.
- Furnish experience history; showing job sizes, employment history and years in trade. Complete resumes with dates of employment in Word or PDF format.
- Work week is 8 hours per day, 5 days a week. 40 hours straight time and over time only if needed and approved.
- Hourly pay based on experience.
*Offering competitive hourly pay commensurate with experience.
*** No phone calls about this position, please.
Email resume to email@example.com. All resumes must be in Word or PDF format only