Tips for Loading a Moving Truck
Packing a moving truck can leave you puzzled and frustrated if you don’t pack it the proper way! If you hire a moving company, you won’t need to worry too much about how to pack a moving truck correctly. Although, if you rent a moving truck and plan to load up the truck yourself, follow these tips to help make your move easier.
- Be Prepared with Moving Supplies – Purchase several moving boxes of the same size to make stacking in the moving truck easier. If you are renting a truck, ask about renting dollies and moving blankets as well.
- Dissemble Anything You Can – It’s important to break down anything you can because your items will fit in your moving truck much easier. It is time consuming to take a part and put back together things like bed frames or tables. To save yourself trouble tape the the pieces together to guarantee that all the parts arrive together.
- Load Heaviest Items First – Large appliances and furniture should go into moving truck first and be against the back wall. Place moving blankets on top of the appliances and furniture to prevent any dents or scratches.
- Line Mattresses Along the Sides – Before you load any mattress in you need to take a part your bed frame. Stand Mattresses and box springs along the side walls.
- Load Mirrors and Pictures Properly – Big picture frames and mirrors can break easily especially if placed in the back of a truck. Protect your mirrors and pictures by sliding them in between mattresses. Don’t forget to wrap them up before placing them in the truck.
- Keep Valuables with You- If there is anything you will not tolerate the chance of it getting damaged make sure to pack it in your car with you. Keep important papers and jewelry out of the moving truck and keep it somewhere safe with you.
- Use Straps – To protect all of your items use packing straps to keep items safe and secure. It is very likely that your items will shift in transport if you don’t strap them down. Rather than strapping it all at the end it’s highly recommended to strap down sections at a time.
Follow these tips to ensure that your moving process goes much smoother and efficient. Please leave us a comment if you have additional tips you would like to share.