Off to College? What To Do with Your Student’s Room
With your student all moved out of the house to attend college, one of the big questions many parents have is, “What do we do with the extra room?” Some leave the room as is for when their child returns, while others turn it into a guest room. We thought we would give you some more ideas on what to do with the extra space.
- Office: Create an office space that is both cozy and functional. Add a couch and bookshelf in the room to make it feel more like a comfortable, quiet place that you can relax in as well.
- Game Room: Create a space that you can entertain guests in. A pool table, a built-in bar, and some TVs will make your room a neighborhood favorite.
- Media Room: Are you a movie fanatic? Turn the bedroom into a personal movie theater with comfy chairs, a projector screen, and a popcorn machine.
- Music Room: For the musicians out there, move your piano and musical instruments into the spare room to create a music room. Make the room soundproofed by adding vinyl-covered walls.
- Guest Room: This might be the most common answer. Turn the room into a guest room. To make it unique, equip the room with towels and all of the necessary toiletries.
- Fitness Room: If you enjoy working out this is the perfect idea for you! You can add large mirrors, rubber flooring, and then any exercise equipment you wish.
And if you need a place to store your student’s belongings while they’re away, we’re here to help!