How To Clean Your Refrigerator In 6 Easy Steps
A clean refrigerator is important in order to keep your food safe to eat! A thorough cleaning of your refrigerator should be done periodically, especially with the holidays around the corner. Below are steps to help you clean out your fridge!
- Unplug – If your fridge needs some serious scrubbing down, unplug the fridge so you don’t waste energy while you clean.
- Empty The Fridge – Take everything out of refrigerator and place it aside. Throw out old and expired food. Group and categorize items together to make it easier when you put everything back.
- Wash Shelves and Drawers – Wash and scrub shelves with warm soapy water by hand.
- Sanitize Inside Of Fridge – Spray and wipe down every part of fridge with a multipurpose cleaner. You can even use an old tooth brush to remove the gunk in any cracks or crevices.
- Eliminate Odors – Fresh coffee grounds on a tray inside fridge will help eliminate bad odor. You can even keep a box of open baking soda in your fridge to prevent odor as well.
- Wipe Down Exterior – Wipe down outside of fridge with a damp cloth. If you have stainless steel fridge you may also use a special stainless steel cleaner.
How do you keep your refrigerator clean? Leave us a comment and let us know if you have any additional tips to share.